Sunday 7 June 2009

Rain, Rain and more Rain!

Well, after a heavy bout of rain last night I had visions of my containers being awash. But, thankfully they were fine. Hopefully it will have soaked through enough for the carrots and parsnips I sowed yesterday to start germinating.

The runner beans look very happy with the downpour, but I need to go out tomorrow and put some canes in for the peas and broad beans as they are looking a bit lopsided. I also want to sow some more radishes and lettuces.

Speaking of radishes, I took some over to Mum & Dad today - they were very impressed! It's amazing how much difference a few days has made to their size.

I picked up some Slimming World magazines from Mum today so I can copy the weekly menus and start food optimising. Thank goodness veggies are all free on Slimming World! I'm hoping that the combination of the diet, gardening and my new Wii Fit will make for a more sylph like silhouette by Christmas. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment