Friday 12 June 2009

First Flowers on my Runner Beans!

Wooo hooooo! I've just spotted half a dozen little red buds on my Runner Beans! Unfortunately, there were rather a lot of blackfly as well, so I've blasted those with the hose and given those I couldn't get off a little bath with soapy water. Hopefully, that'll sort them out.

I've had lots of flowers on my Broad Beans for a couple of weeks now, but still no sign of anything on my peas yet. Got a few on my potatoes as well.

Sowed some mushrooms this afternoon, which are now sitting in the greenhouse. Can't do much more until after the Inflatable Day tomorrow when half the pots in the greenhouse will be making their way to the Plant Stall.

DH didn't get home until after dark last night, so he only saw the bushes/trees by torchlight, but he has agreed with me that they really did need to come out ..... maybe not right now though lol. So, tonight will be spent shredding the branches I cut off last night, and then Sunday evening we'll (hopefully) be taking out the trunks. Then it's lots of flowers in pots - it'll be so nice to have a garden full of colour - I'm really fed up with just green!

No comments:

Post a Comment