Wednesday 24 June 2009

Progress :)

Didn't get as far as planting the containers up on Saturday, but we did manage to remove loads more bushes, and cut the vines right back. Still more to do this weekend, but it's almost there.

Got a load of pea shingle arriving on Friday, which will make it's way onto the bottom garden. It'll be so nice to finally be able to sit out in the garden, now that the summer seems to have arrived. Mind you, it is Wimbledon fortnight, so that won't last long lol!

Tomatoes are now in bigger pots, I've planted some cuttings from Mum's lavender bush and re-potted the two pepper plants I got from the school Inflatable Day.

As for the raised beds ....... I HAVE COURGETTE FLOWERS :)


These were taken on Monday, and the flowers are now open and looking gorgous (I'll get a few more snaps tonight). I'm reliably informed by my fellow (more experienced) grapes, that these are female flowers ...... just hoping for some male ones now to do the pollinating!

Cucumbers are also looking good, as are the Pak Choi, Runner Beans and Cauliflowers I sowed in modules last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment