Sunday 14 June 2009

Growing nicely!

So, after a couple of days of sunshine with plenty of hosepipe watering, the beds are looking fab.

Courgettes plants are HUGE and I've noticed the startings of lots of flowers. I've also got loads of flowers coming up on the runners and broad beans. The radishes are getting very big now and the lettuces are very tasty (pinched a few leaves off for product research and development!).

Planning to sow some more radishes, lettuces and beetroot tomorrow to replace those I'll be harvesting over the next couple of weeks. Also going to sow some turnips and swede into modules ready to plant out when I've got some space.

Noticed some germination with my Pak Choi this afternoon - not bad seeing as I only sowed them on Thursday evening!

Found a great site for all things gardening tonight while surfing, so I think I'll be flexing the plastic fairly soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment